top of page

My Site 3 Group

Public·11 members
Gorislav Kopylov
Gorislav Kopylov

Where To Buy Lays Chicken And Waffles Chips

LOS ANGELES, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night, Lay's potato chips, one of the marquee brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division and America's most-loved potato chip brand, announced Cheesy Garlic Bread flavored potato chips as the winner of its "Do Us A Flavor" contest. The dramatic reveal took place at actress and restaurateur Eva Longoria's Beso Restaurant in Hollywood, where Longoria joined the Lay's brand in crowning Karen Weber-Mendham from Land O' Lakes, Wis., the finalist behind Cheesy Garlic Bread, as the grand prize winner. For her winning idea, Karen Weber-Mendham will receive $1 million in grand prize money or one percent of her flavor's 2013 net sales (whichever is higher). The two runner-up finalists will each win $50,000 in prize money.

where to buy lays chicken and waffles chips

After receiving nearly 3.8 million consumer-generated flavor submissions, a judging panel made up of chefs, foodies and flavor experts, including Longoria, and chef and restaurateur Michael Symon, selected Lay's Cheesy Garlic Bread, Lay's Chicken & Waffles and Lay's Sriracha flavored potato chips as contest finalist flavors. The three finalist flavors were then fully developed by Frito-Lay's culinary experts and brought to store shelves last February. From Feb. 12 to May 4, more than a million consumer votes were cast via Facebook (www.facebook.com/lays), Twitter and by text, which resulted in Cheesy Garlic Bread being named the winning flavor.

Lay's potato chips is one of the billion-dollar brands that makes up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. Learn more about Lay's by visiting www.facebook.com/lays or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/lays.

Chicken & Waffles: The questions started swirling in my mind long before I even opened the bag. How do you get fresh chicken flavor onto a chip? Is there such a thing as chicken powder? And is syrup included? Or perhaps they intended these to be like the tortilla chip of the guacamole world, with consumers serving them alongside a bowl of maple syrup. All of my questions were answered in the first bite. The chips are sweet, very sweet. I didn't taste any presence of waffles, although there was a faint chicken flavor. In the words of my fellow editor, "They're kind of not that bad ... kind of."

In 2016, Lay's rolled out its Passport to Flavor program, a lineup of four chips inspired by cuisines from around the world. They were Brazilian picanha, Chinese Szechuan chicken, Greek tzatziki, and Indian tikka masala.

Don't have time to stop at the grocery store for a rotisserie chicken? You can always eat Walkers' roast chicken instead. The chips, or crisps as they say across the pond, have numerous positive reviews on Amazon.

There are some clear downsides to buying secondhand snacks. Between the mark-ups and shipping costs, you'll pay more than you ever imagined for junk food. Many of the rarest discontinued products are well past their sell-by dates, though some food scientists say we shouldn't get too worked up about that. There's also the squashing and crumbling factor: Not surprisingly, many Amazon shoppers complained that their chips were nothing more than florescent orange dust by the time the snacks arrived on their doorsteps. Then there's the unpredictability factor. Nitta recalls buying some fried chicken-flavor Doritos from a seller in Japan that were confiscated by customs because they contained an ingredient that's illegal to bring into the country. Plus, he says, "in the back of my head, it makes me feel weird to buy food from some random person on the internet."

Years ago, Lay's debuted its crazy popular Chicken and Waffles potato chips for a limited time. These chips gained a cult following and they were brought back on several more occasions. The flavor is sweet and salty with a hint of maple syrup and the aromas of salty fried chicken. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page