top of page

My Site 3 Group

Public·11 members

Gorislav Kopylov
Gorislav Kopylov

Internet Access Over PPTP VPN Connection

I also have this issue . After upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11 - when I'm trying to using VPN - I got ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE in all websites(including public websites)..the strange this is : if I am refreshing the page many times - the website can suddenly works (public & private sites) but only to the specific page -if I'm trying to navigate or click buttons and etc. - the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE page returns. When I'm disconnecting the VPN connection - my internet back to normal functionality. (I tried Chrome & Edge & Firefox & Firefox portable - all browsers were with the same behavior ). I also reset all networks preferences ( windows settings -> network settings -> advanced -> reset my networks) -multiple times & flush my DNS cache & ipconfig /renew + release commands in the CMD & clear browser data & DNS/proxy cache and installed windows updates & Dell updates (My laptop is Dell latitude 5420 with windows 11) I replaced my internet provider & replaced my router as well - I upgraded to fiber optics but it didn't changed anything. The strangest thing - that if I open an access point (hot-spot)) from my mobile device (Oneplus 6) and connect to it, and then connect to a VPN - everything works great! No errors or messages about ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE - so these are not VPN configuration issues or browser issues. I tried using the internet of my neighbors that they use a completely different provider and also the problem repeated itself. I'm taking on l2tp/IPsec with pre-shared key VPN. please help me to solve this strange issue. I don't want to rollback to windows 10. thanks a lot!!

Internet access over PPTP VPN connection

This guide explains how to set up a fresh Windows Server 2019 as an L2TP over IPSec, or a PPTP VPN, using the routing and remote access feature. Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) with IPSec offers robust encryption for connections to the server. On the other hand, the Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) is simple to deploy but not as secure.

Next, click Advanced and select Send all Traffic over VPN Connection, then click Apply, and finally click Connect to establish a connection with your new L2TP VPN server.

I just bought the RV180W so I can connect to my office computer from anywhere as a VPN client. The two things I need to do while I am connected as a VPN client is to be able to access my files on my office desktop and be able to remote desktop to it as well. I have Win7 on all of my computers. Ideally, I would like to do that over PPTP VPN connection but if that is not possible I can try Cisco QuickVPN software.

I enabled PPTP on my router and created a user account. I was also able to successfully establish the connection remotely. While I was connected as a PPTP VPN client, I was able to access the Internet and my router setup page which is telling me that the connection is good. However, I was not able to either discover my office PC under my network tab in Win7 nor I was able to remote desktop. I keep my office PC on all the time and it never go to sleep. I did not create any connection policy but maybe this is the problem. Please let me know if you know of a solution.

I've followed the instructions in this tutorial to set up a vpn server, so that I can connect to that and surf the internet virtually from another location. So far from windows, I can connect to it but there is no internet access.

We had identical symptoms, but all the Iptables where set as above.It was possible to connect, the connection was stable, it did allow to login to the pptp server via ssh and, in the remote machine, even to resolve DNS (noticeable via browers and ping -- as it did resolve correctly the IP), but webpages did not load, neither was possible to connect to other severs via ssh. This made clear that the tunnel was ok to the pptp server.

The problem was the fact that I had in this machine two independent up-links exposed to internet (ie. mainInf and support), both configured via netplan (no problem with that)but, despite connecting to the pptp server using the IP address of the 1st up-link (i-face called mainInf), my default gateway was running in the seccond up-link (support).

(have in your mind that, in our case, the connection to the pptp server is via an IP allocated in the mainInf adapter/uplink)and after changing to the same adapter/uplink as the default gateway (support), it worked:

Hence, if you can stability the VPN connection, ping or connect the pptp server (via ssh in our case), but cannot reach any IP that is not in that server, you probably have a routing/forwarding issue.

At this stage I could connect to VPN and use internet... but only for a few minutes. After that Outlook got disconnected, and I couldn't access new web pages (old one that I had opened before connecting to VPN still worked). I realised something was wrong with DNS.

Typically VPNs implement a full tunnel, which means that all traffic from all Chrome windows, Chrome apps, and Android apps will pass through the VPN connection. Sometimes you'll want to use a split tunnel so that only certain sites will be accessed through the tunnel, while other traffic will skip the VPN and use your Chromebook's physical network connection instead. This is useful if:

A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network so that you will be able to access your data remotely through the public network securely. You can also use a VPN to secure your internet activity by using the VPN server as a proxy server.

""CoId=NA: The user vpn connected from 92.63.194.40 but failed an authentication attempt due to the following reason: The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server.""

These settings are very important for correct working connections. Both settings should be set equal. The default values are valid for ethernet paket networks with an MTU of 1500 Byte. If you like to use pptp on other (wan) connections, e.g. DSL, Coax, Fiber, etc, you will have to adjust the values to the correct working settings. Set them to 1300 and ceck the connection. If its working increase the MTU to the values the connection doesnt work anymore correctly. Them go back to the latest working setting.

When you are off site you will try to connect to the VPN (using 1723 for pptp by default). The request will hit the router external IP (the one provided by your ISP). The router NAT will then detect an incoming pkt using port 1723. It will establish a connection to the VPN server by forwarding to 192.168.111.2. The router will create a ppp0 connection on itself which, after connecting to the VPN, you will be able to see. The problem with using the router LAN IP as the pptp server IP is that by default it is bridged and ppp0 can not be added to the bridge. You will connect and will only be able to ping your client IP and the router IP.

Radius is an authentication server with auths and controlls access. It can be used to do centralized auth conrol of services, eg wifi, ftp, pptp, pppoe server and openvpn. Its included in a professional builds >=16MB.

By default windows will use the remote gateway to access non-local networks (i.e. The Internet) while connected via a windows VPN connection. Unless your VPN is over a high speed network, or you have specific need for using the remote gateway to access certain resources, it is generally more efficient to use the local gateway.To configure the VPN connection to use the local gateway do the following:

While connected to a VPN you will have at least 2 active network connections and this can cause problems with some applications when they are trying to decide which connection to use. For example if a game used broadcast packets to tell all the other game clients that it was hosting a game, which connection should it use? The standard network card connection or the VPN? We can change the access order to ensure the application preferrs the VPN connection over other networks.To change the network access order do the following:

If using the VPN connection software built into Windows XP, you might find that your internet connection will die once the vpn connection is established. This is a result of the default settings for Windows XP VPN connections.

If PPTP-connection between two dd-wrt boxes fail with error message "IPCP terminated by peer (Unauthorized remote IP address)" you need "noipdefault" option at client side. You can add pptpd.conf options through WEB gui using MPPE Encryption field. In this case set "MPPE Encryption" as "noipdefault mppe required". --Veekoo 12:51, 15 Aug 2006 (CEST)

I am unable to make a PPTP VPN connection to my work netword through a xfinity public hotspot. I know everything is set up correctly at both ends, as I have no trouble making the connection at home (using my xfinity home internet service). In addition, if I enable the wireless hotspot on my cell phone, connect my laptop to that, and then make the VPN connection, it works fine. That's not an optimal solution though as I'm chewing up my cell phone data.

I have set up a pptp vpn on windows xp, and added the users. The vpn users can connect to the server, but once they are connected they can't access the internet via the vpn server which should act like a proxy. That's my basic task - to make a vpn server serve as a proxy for the users.

In this blog article we are discussing about How to install and configure a VPN on Windows Server 2019 using Routing and Remote Access server role. A VPN is short form of virtual private network, which gives us a privacy, anonymity and security over public internet. A VPN service masks our ISP IP so your online actions are virtually untraceable. A VPN can also be used to connect computers to isolated remote computer networks that is usually inaccessible, by using the Internet or another intermediate network. Another Use of VPN is the client computers can browse websites through VPN server even if they are in the restricted internal network. 350c69d7ab

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page